Thank you for visiting Tatum’s Truth. I am honored to share a little bit about who I am and why I have created this blog. The first thing you should know about me is, I am the “queen of lists.” I love sitting down with a pen and paper and getting everything out of my head and down where I can see and make sense of it.So here is my “about me,” created in list format, to give you (and me) the low down on who I am and why I have created this blog.
List of me:
- Lover of Jesus, striving to keep him first in every role I play as I navigate this world and work to love others like he loves me. I believe God is calling me to use the story of how He powerfully worked in my life to help others find Jesus and give their lives to Him. I have been granted a unique set of gifts, talents, and passions that I am ready to use to inspire and encourage my fellow sisters in Christ.
- Wife of my best friend Jeff. We are each other’s partners and constant supporters in this crazy life. I treasure our relationship and strive to be an excellent and honoring wife.
- Mama of two precious girls, JoJo and Ella, who make my heart happy every single day. I pray to become a mom who leads her children to love the Lord and give their lives to Him. My girls are so special, and their God given gifts are already starting to reveal themselves. I want to help them identify and develop these gifts to be used for God’s Kingdom.
- Cowgirl heart- I love my horses, barrel racing, and anything ranch or rodeo related. Nothing makes me feel closer to God than being on the back of a horse.
- Member of League of Hope- a non profit group created to serve women, teens and children in my community who struggle spiritually, financially, and emotionally or need help overcoming homelessness, abuse, addiction or any other thing keeping them from the good life God has in store for them. God gave me a vision of a local abandoned hotel being made into a living facility for women, teens and children. I will hold this vision in my heart and watch as God brings it to fruition.
- Fitness and healthy eating make me feel good and keep me in a healthy place mentally, emotionally and physically. I am excited to share my experiences with mindful eating and fun fitness routines as I work to create a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.
- Fashion- is my favorite creative outlet to express myself with. I can go from a pair of wranglers, a wild rag and a punchy set of spurs, to skinny jeans, high heel booties and a high fashion top at the drop off a hat (literally)! Haha! I have a new priority of making sure my outfits are God honoring, and I am shifting to purchasing mostly from clothing brands that align their values with the ones I hold personally.
- Organization- I enjoy organizing. It de-stresses me. When I need time to mull over an idea or work through a problem I head to my nearest closet and begin de-cluttering. I think their is value and freedom in a minimalistic lifestyle. Although I am far from living this way, I strive to begin purchasing things with intention. I will be mindful of the things I consume for my family and myself, so I can improve the impact we have on our environment.
I hope you enjoyed this list of me. I am sure it will change and expand as I continue to grow in my discovery of who Christ created me to be. I would love for my readers to share their own “lists of me” in the comments. There is something powerful about getting down to the core things that make up each of us individually. I challenge you to take the time to get to know yourself based on who God created you to be and not who the world says you should be.
May God bless you sweet sister,