Vegas Vacation

Vegas Vacation

Hello friends, this blog is a personal journal entry to document the memories of a wonderful family vacation. It is full of trip details and pictures. Please read and enjoy if you are interested, but feel free to stop now if you don’t give two shakes of a lambs tail about what we did in Las Vegas.

For those of you still with me, here are the details into our fabulous trip to Las Vegas, Nevada for the National Finals Rodeo.

Day 1:

Jeff and I flew out to meet my parents and my sister and her fiancé Jeff worked the sale barn that day so I picked him up on the way to Denver. It was touch and go making it to the airport on time, but we screeched in by the hair of our teeth! Once we were on the plane and not worried we would miss our flight, vacation mode set in.

We met my parents at baggage claim and grabbed a car to the Wynn Hotel and Casino. We have nicknamed the Wynn the “Lose” as it is a terrible and expensive place to gamble, but the rooms and customer service are to die for! Somehow, we all got upgraded to Luxury Suites at check in. Our rooms (more like our condos) were absolutely beautiful. We had our own living rooms and a bedroom with a huge bathroom and walk-in closet. It was by far the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in, which was such a treat and made the trip extra special.

My sister and her Fiancé recently got engaged so we went to Del Frisco’s Steak House to celebrate their engagement. Del Frisco’s is a Las Vegas family favorite that we visit every time we are in town. The service, food and atmosphere are top notch. I ordered the bone-in Ribeye and it was outstanding, as were the family style sides and the Far Niente wine. Family dinners have always been a big thing for us, and this engagement dinner reminded me why. We were seated in a ritzy corner booth, the conversation was great, and we got to reflect on some big milestones together. Dinner was topped off with decadent butter cream cake and pecan ice cream. It was an excellent evening.

Day 2:

We started off with a nice family breakfast and then went out to the South Point Hotel and Casino to shop the trade show while the guys watched the Benny Binion Bucking Horse Sale. The trade show was great! I found a boutique called “Sassy Gals” that had some adorable clothes at really affordable prices. This is where I found my fabulous black velvet jacket with the turquoise and silver beading and embroidery. It was a great buy at under $100!

After South Point, we went back to the Wynn to get ready for the Rodeo. I couldn’t wait to add my new jacket to my rodeo outfit, which turned out to be the perfect touch.

The rodeo didn’t disappoint! Something about it being the first performance made the atmosphere even more exciting than usual. We all entered teams for the Fantasy Pro Rodeo competition (similar to fantasy football) where you pick a team of rodeo athletes you think will do the best over the 10 days of NFR performances. I think it is so fun, and my team kicked butt in round one. I of course got overly excited during the barrel race, and couldn’t stay in my seat, but I do that every time! After the rodeo we went back to the Wynn for a night cap and to rehash all the events of the rodeo. It was fun replaying how our teams performed and hearing each other’s differing perspectives of the rodeo. Night 2 was fabulous.

Day 3:

We started off once again with breakfast and then we scattered in our separate directions. My mom and I got a day pass at the spa which was so relaxing and rejuvenating. After spending the morning spa-ing ourselves we got ready and headed out to Cowboy Christmas. Cowboy Christmas is a western trade show on steroids. It is a must do for anyone that likes western/cowboy/ranching stuff- it has all the things! I have to admit, while I loved the booths and found some really cool stuff, it was a little too crowded and crazy for us so we didn’t stay as long as we would have. We saw my brother-in-law and his girlfriend out there and it was fun to hang with them for a little while.

That evening we went to a new place called Joe’s Seafood and Steakhouse. It was nice to try a new restaurant. We had the biggest and yummiest crab legs I have ever had, and the service was great. I also have to mention I had a delicious Moscow mule, which has become my new favorite drink. After dinner, we watched the rodeo at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino and then stayed and watched Chancey William’s band play a few songs. By the time we made it back to our room, we were beat, but it was another great night.

Day 4:

The next morning we had breakfast, and booked it out for some last minute shopping at the South-point and then took a taxi to the airport to fly home. We had an amazing trip, but we were so ready to get home and hold our girls. It never fails, Vegas always has you really excited to get out there and have some fun, but by the end you’re ready to get home and get back to work. I am very grateful for the chance to spend time with my family in a fun city.

Until we meet again,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s